Choose RAPID'Staph Agar Base, based on a Baird-Parker formula, for the identification and enumeration of coagulase-positive staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus and other spp.) in products intended for human or animal consumption, or in environmental samples. Immediately before pouring the plates, add egg yolk with potassium tellurite and sulfamethazine (sulfadimidine) supplements.
Features and Benefits
- RAPID'Staph Medium optimized for the detection and quantitation of S. aureus in 24 hr
- S. aureus colonies are black (tellurite reduction) with a clear halo (egg yolk proteolysis)
- Choice of two methods for easy confirmation: Baird-Parker + RPF Agar or Pastorex™ Staph Plus or Latex Agglutination Test
Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by AOAC.
- RAPID'Staph Agar Plates, ready-to-use (3563960)
- Egg Yolk with Potassium Tellurite Supplement, 5 ml vial (3554201) or 25 ml bottle (3554205)
- Sulfamethazine Solution (0.2%) Supplement (3562682)
- Baird-Parker + RPF Agar, 6 x 90 ml bottles (3578618)
Pkg of 1, 25 ml bottle