Use this ddPCR SMN2 Copy Number Determination Kit to determine the copy number of the SMN2 gene, one of two highly similar genes that play a pivotal role in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) — a group of autosomal recessive neuromuscular disorders.
Note: for research use only.
- 20x ddPCR SMN2 Copy Number Determination Assay — 1 x 200 µl
- 2 copy SMN2 positive control — 1 x 200 µl
- 3 copy SMN2 positive control — 1 x 200 µl
- 4 copy SMN2 positive control — 1 x 200 µl
- ddPCR Supermix for Probes (No dUTP) — 2 x 1 ml
Also available: ddPCR SMN1 Copy Number Determination Kit (1863500)
Key Features and Benefits
- Superior performance — generates accurate and reproducible copy number calls without the use of standards, reducing inter-run variability
- Fast, simple workflow — completed within hours rather than days
- High sample throughput — allows processing several hundred samples in a single day
Download a new template for the ddPCR SMN2 Copy Number Determination Assay for use with QuantaSoft Software (version 1.4 or higher).
This kit is for use with one or more of the following instruments and accessories:
- QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- QX200 AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System
- PX1 PCR Plate Sealer
- C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler with 96 Deep–Well Reaction Module
Bio-Rad also offers the ddPCR SMN1 Copy Number Determination Kit (1863500)
Learn more about the features of other Digital PCR Assays for copy number determination and mutation detection.