Use this ddPCR SMN1 Copy Number Determination Kit to determine the copy number of the SMN1 gene, one of two highly similar genes that play a pivotal role in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) — a group of autosomal recessive neuromuscular disorders.
Note: for research use only.
- 20x ddPCR SMN1 Copy Number Determination Assay — 1 x 200 µl
- 0 copy SMN1 positive control — 1 x 200 µl
- 1 copy SMN1 positive control — 1 x 200 µl
- 2 copy SMN1 positive control — 1 x 200 µl
- ddPCR Supermix for Probes (No dUTP) — 2 x 1 ml
Also available: ddPCR SMN2 Copy Number Determination Kit (1863503)
Key Features and Benefits
- Superior performance — generates accurate and reproducible copy number calls without the use of standards, reducing inter-run variability
- Fast, simple workflow — completed within hours rather than days
- High sample throughput — allows processing of several hundred samples in a single day
Download a new template for the ddPCR SMN1 Copy Number Determination Assay for use with QuantaSoft™ Software (version 1.4 or higher).
This kit is for use with one or more of the following instruments and accessories:
- QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- QX200 AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System
- PX1 PCR Plate Sealer
- C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler with 96 Deep–Well Reaction Module
Bio-Rad also offers the ddPCR SMN2 Copy Number Determination Kit (1863503)
Learn more about the features of other Digital PCR Assays for copy number determination and mutation detection.