Students first extract cellobiase from mushrooms to discover one way that nature uses enzymes. They then generate hypotheses about and conduct experiments to test enzyme function under different environmental conditions—temperature, pH, and concentration—that influence enzyme function. This kit aligns with AP Biology Big Ideas 2 and 4, and gives teachers the flexibility and support to conduct the labs as structured, guided and/or open inquiry investigations.
- Biofuel Enzyme Kit (1665035EDU)
- Biofuel Enzyme Kit Reagent Refill Pack (1665036EDU)
- ThINQ!™ pGLO™ Transformation and Inquiry Kit for AP (1660335EDU)
- Biofuel Enzyme Reactions Kit for AP Biology:
- ThINQ!™ Activity Experimental Design and Planning Worksheet
- Mushroom Habitat Activity Flashcard Set