The ReadyPrep reduction-alkylation kit reduces and irreversibly blocks the formation of inter- and intramolecular disulfide bonds prior to isoelectric focusing (IEF). Disulfide bond formation is particularly problematic for basic proteins because of the increased rate of their formation in an alkaline environment. Moreover, many reducing agents become negatively charged during IEF and migrate off the IPG strip, thus allowing disulfide bonds to re-form (Görg 2000, Hoving 2002).
The ReadyPrep reduction-alkylation kit:
- Eliminates the potential for disulfide bond formation during IEF
- Reduces disulfide bonds with tributylphosphine (TBP) and alkylates the sulfhydryl groups with iodoacetamide (Herbert et al. 2001)
- Provides reagents for treatment of 100 samples (300 µl each, containing up to 10 mg/ml of protein)
- Performs treatment directly in the rehydration/sample buffer, in less than 2 hours, and with very little hands-on time
- Is compatible with other ReadyPrep sample preparation kits and buffers
Use the filters below to refine results!
100 preps, includes 3 x 0.6 ml 200 mM TBP, 3 empty glass vials for TBP storage, 5 x 56 mg iodoacetamide, 2 ml alkylation buffer, instruction manual; for 100 x 300 µl samples containing up to 10 mg/ml protein