Bio-Rad offers a complete product line of antisera for the serotyping of pathogenic Salmonella species. Salmonella species are serotyped according to their O (somatic) antigens, Vi (capsular) antigens, and H (flagellar) antigens. The antigenic formula of Salmonella serotypes are listed in the Kauffman-White scheme and are expressed as follows: O antigens; Vi when present; H antigens phase 1; H antigens phase 2 (when present).
Features and Benefits of Salmonella Total Polyvalent Antiserum
- Immediate serotyping of Salmonella after isolation
- Agglutination results in 1–10 seconds with 1 drop of antiserum
- Preliminary identification of Salmonella by somatic antigen O, groups A–60
Applications and Uses of Salmonella Antisera
- Identification of Salmonella serotypes after enrichment on a nonselective agar medium
- Polyvalent and monovalent antisera can be used in succession to identify Salmonella serovars
Additional Salmonella Antisera
- Antiserum Vi
- Monovalent H Antisera
- Monovalent O Antisera
- Phase Inversion/Sven Gard Method Antisera
- Polyvalent H Antisera
- Polyvalent O Antisera
Use the filters below to refine results!