Use the C. elegans behavior kit, a robust experimental system based on a chemotaxis assay, to explore the genetics of learning using both wild-type and mutant worm strains.
With this kit, students are able to:
- Get hands-on experience with a model eukaryotic organism
- Observe and study the life cycle of C. elegans
- Utilize their microscope skills
- Learn how to subculture
- Learn about genetics and its effect on behavior
- Discover the connection between learning, the daf-18 gene, and the AIY and ASE neurons
Note: The wild-type and mutant worms are shipped on dry ice and must be kept on dry ice or at –70°C until ready to plate. Allow for preparation of NGM Lite agar plates (reagents ordered separately) prior to ordering the worms. Wild-type and mutant C. elegans worms (166-5122EDU) will be shipped overnight at a date specified by the customer.
European customers: The wild-type and mutant C. elegans worms (166-5122EDU) are not available in Europe; please order these separately from another supplier.
Learn more about available refill packs and consumables for the C. elegans behavior kit.