Use the CFDA-SE (5Carboxyfluorescein diacetate, succinimidyl ester) cell-permeable dye to monitor cell population health.
CFDA-SE fluoresces after the acetate groups are cleaved by intracellular esterases creating CFSE. As the succinimidyl ester group reacts with primary amines of intracellular proteins, the CFSE is retained in the cell and is successively halved during cell divisions.
Key Benefits of the CFDA-SE Dye
- Visualize up to 8 cell divisions
- Smaller vial size to minimize contamination and reduce dilution steps
- Convenient, easy-to-use format
Features of the CFDA-SE Dye
- Fluorophore Properties
- Excitation maximum: 492 nm
- Emission maximum: 517 nm
- Optimal excitation laser: 488 nm
- Optimal S3™ 488/561 cell sorter filter set: FL1 525/30 nm
- Fluorescent Spectrum
- Molecular weight: 557.46 g/mol
- Molecular formula: C29H19NO11
- Chemical structure
- Store at –20°C
- Protect from light
In addition to CFDA, SE, we offer the CytoTrack™ Dyes listed below for detecting the fluorophore(s) of your choice:
|Available Dyes||Excitation Maximum, nm||Emission Maximum, nm||Optimal Excitation Laser, nm||Optimal Filter Set, nm||Catalog Number|
|628||643||633 or 640||660/20||135-1205|
Learn more about the features and applications of the S3™ Cell Sorter and the ZOE™ Fluorescent Cell Imager.