The Reliance SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test provides real-time PCR detection of multiple RNA targets from the SARS-CoV-2 virus with great sensitivity and speed. It is designed to detect nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal swabs specimen from individuals suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider.
Two primer/probe sets are the sequences reported by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for detection of SARS-CoV-2, selected from regions of the virus nucleocapsid (N1 and N2) genes. An additional primer/probe set to detect the human RNase P (RP) gene is also included in the panel as an internal control. RNA that is isolated and purified from control samples and clinical specimens is added to the master mix, which is composed of reverse transcriptase whereby RNA is converted into cDNA and then amplified, using the Bio-Rad Reliance One-Step Multiplex RT-qPCR Supermix.
The kit contains all materials necessary for the efficient detection of SARS-CoV-2, including independently developed Exact Diagnostics positive and negative molecular controls.
Features and Benefits
- Highly sensitive one-step RT-PCR workflow
- Specifically designed panel with three sets of primers/probes in a single multiplex assay
- Convenient kit package with full controls included
- Compatible with most popular PCR instrument platforms (CFX and AB7500 Systems)
The kit contains all the required reagents for 200 reactions. The kit should be stored at –20 °C.
- SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Oligos
- Reliance One-Step Multiplex RT-qPCR Supermix
- Exact Diagnostics SARS-CoV-2 Standard
- Exact Diagnostics SARS-CoV-2 Negative