Participation in an interlaboratory program is extremely important for laboratories to help ensure the reliability and precision of test systems. No program in the world is more powerful and effective at providing information and helping to improve laboratory analytical performance than the Unity™ Interlaboratory Program.
- Unite with over 29,000 peers with data generated from more than 50,000 instruments in over 90 countries
- Recognize analytical process improvement opportunities
- Increase confidence in proficiency survey outcomes
- Identify unrecognized trends or shifts that may occur between proficiency surveys
- Receive on-demand interlaboratory comparison reports
- Receive monthly reports with regular data submission deadlines
- Submit data in real time using one of our Unity software solutions
- Get reports, product information and more on QCNet™
“... for laboratory self-evaluation, peer-related bias and relative imprecision are useful parameters.”
—CLSI (formerly NCCLS), C-24-A3, Vol. 26, No. 25
“The laboratory shall participate in interlaboratory comparisons...”
—ISO 15189:2012(E), Subclause 126.96.36.199
Detecting Errors in Your Test System
Without a high-quality interlaboratory program, your laboratory may not be aware of gradual or sudden changes in your test system that may be caused by events such as reagent or calibrator reformulations, standardization changes, or instrument software changes. An interlaboratory program can offer early awareness of shifts and trends to help avoid costly test repeats and unnecessary troubleshooting.
Improving Outcomes on Proficiency Surveys
An interlaboratory program can also increase your confidence in proficiency surveys. If your laboratory compares well to other laboratories participating in an interlaboratory program, you are also likely to compare well to other laboratories participating in your proficiency testing program.
Your Proficiency Program Is Not Enough
- Proficiency surveys merely provide a snapshot in time and should not be used as a substitute for daily quality control with an interlaboratory program
- Acceptable performance on the day of the proficiency testing does not guarantee testing reliability every day
- Participation in an interlaboratory program is the best way to improve confidence in test system performance every day, especially with an interlaboratory program that offers an option to receive instant interlaboratory feedback on demand
Unity Interlaboratory Reports. Participate Today!
With Unity, you have the ability to receive on-demand InstantQC™ Reports in addition to standard monthly Unity Interlaboratory Reports. This will allow your laboratory to take full advantage of the best of two worlds. Both report types are available at QCNet.com.
InstantQC Reports permit you to compare your control results to other laboratories at any time. These reports are particularly useful for troubleshooting problems with test system performance because of the rapid report turnaround times.
Monthly Unity Interlaboratory Reports ensure that peer group sizes are maximized for regular, periodic review of your test systems. These reports are comprehensive and represent the largest peer groups in the industry.
For specific product ordering information, in the U.S. call Bio-Rad at 1-800-2-BIORAD (1-800-224-6723); in Canada call 1 (800) 361-1808.