Beginning in July, Bio-Rad will update its North American operations systems to SAP to allow us to serve you more effectively. Please review the information below outlining the changes and impact to your organization.
Key Changes — effective July 6, unless indicated otherwise
- Customer Account Numbers — During the week of June 1, affected customers* were sent new account numbers via email. If you have not received your new account number by June 5, please email us at custservERP@bio-rad.com.
Please update your system(s) accordingly, and reference this new number on all documentation and correspondence starting July 6. (Please note: you will continue to use your current customer numbers until July 5).
Beginning July 6, you may order all of your Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics products from Bio-Rad using this single customer number.
* Affected customers comprise all customers who were not assigned new customer numbers in SAP Deployment 1; most of our U.S. Clinical Diagnostics operations were already issued new customer numbers in April 2013.
- Invoice Number format — New Bio-Rad invoice numbers will be 10 digits in length and exclude special characters such as slashes or hyphens
- Invoice Delivery — Invoices will be issued after signed proof of deliver and/or proof of installation; for instruments requiring field service installation, invoices will be issued upon customer installation sign-off
- Electronic Documentation — All order acknowledgements, billing documents and monthly customer statements will be sent electronically
- Product Label and Certificate of Analysis formats — Though content will not change, the appearance and order of the information may vary slightly from our current format
- Standing Orders — Beginning July 6, customer-defined delivery weeks will be implemented to support more timely and accurate deliveries
- Standard orders will ship Monday–Thursday of the requested week
- Shipments requiring 2-day delivery will ship no later than Wednesday
- Changes may be accommodated by the Thursday prior to the scheduled week
- July 1–July 5, 2015 — Shipping freeze: during this period, your orders can still be placed, however, shipments will commence the week of July 6. Please plan for a gradual resumption of our fulfillment operations this week
- July 6, 2015 — Begin referencing your new customer number when placing orders
Bio-Rad is committed to continuing to provide you with the innovative products and services you have come to expect. Our goal is to keep you informed and minimize any inconvenience you may experience during this transition. If you have any questions about these changes, please contact your customer service representative or email us at the addresses below:
United States: custservERP@bio-rad.com