Commonly used in flow cytometry experiments for excluding dead cells, the propidium iodide solution enters a compromised cell and binds to double-stranded DNA/RNA by intercalating between base pairs.
Designed for ease of use in cell sorting and flow cytometry applications, the ReadiDrop™ propidium iodide cell viability assay removes the traditional manual weighing, pipetting, and dilution steps: simply add 1 or 2 drops of the propidium iodide solution to assess the health of your cells.
Key Benefits of the ReadiDrop Propidium Iodide Cell Viability Assay
- Ideal for cell sorting — fluorescent molecules are suspended in PBS without preservatives
- Stable at room temperature — keep a bottle of ReadiDrop propidium iodide cell viability assay by your cell sorter or cell analyzer for easy access
- No more weighing, pipetting, or diluting — ready-to-use solution to gives 1 µg/ml as the final concentration
Features of the ReadiDrop Propidium Iodide Cell Viability Assay
- Fluorophore Properties
- Excitation maximum: 538 nm
- Emission maximum: 617 nm
- Optimal excitation laser: 561 nm or 488 nm
- Fluorescent Spectrum
- Molecular weight: 668.39 g/mol
- Molecular formula: C27H32I2N4
- Chemical structure
- Store at 15–30°C
- Do not freeze
Learn more about the features of the S3e™ Cell Sorter and its associated consumables and accessories.
Use the filters below to refine results!