Use CHEF* DNA size standards for size estimation of larger DNA fragments separated by pulsed field electrophoresis.
- Size range: 0.2–2.2 Mb
- 16 Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromosomes resolved into 15 bands
- Recommended gels: 0.7–1.0% Pulsed Field Certified Agarose or molecular biology grade agarose
Note: Cut a plug from a block into a size that will fit a well of your gel (5–8 plugs per block). The height of the plug should not extend above the well. After placing the plug into a well, seal the well with melted 1.0% low-melt agarose, and allow it to solidify. Store blocks at 4°C.
|Pulsed Field Size Standards||Size Range|
|CHEF DNA Size Marker (#170-3605)||0.2–2.2 Mb|
|CHEF DNA Size Standard (#170-3624)||4.9–98 kb|
|CHEF DNA Size Standard (#170-3635)||48.5–1,000 kb|
|CHEF DNA Size Marker (#170-3667)||1–3.1 Mb|
|CHEF DNA Size Standard (#170-3707)||8.3–48.5 kb|
- Buffers and Reagents for Nucleic Acid Electrophoresis
- Nucleic Acid Stains and Tracking Dyes
- All Nucleic Acid Standards
Download the Little Book of Standards for complete product information on all Bio-Rad nucleic acid and protein standards.
*Clamped homogenous electrical field