Use the compact S3e Cell Sorter for true walk-away automated cell sorting using 2 lasers (488/640 nm), 4 fluorescence detectors, plus forward- and side-scatter detectors.
Real-time monitoring and smart features make cell sorting easier and more accessible to both novices and experts.
Among the many innovations of the S3e Cell Sorter, two key state-of-the-art advancements are ProDrop™ Technology for drop delay determination with real-time monitoring and the software-driven, hands-free AutoGimbal System, which enables automatic nozzle tip and stream-to-optics alignment.
Features and Benefits of the S3e Cell Sorter
- Hands-free nozzle tip alignment — fully automatic AutoGimbal System, driven completely by software
- Simplified instrument setup — fully automated drop delay calculation, stream alignment, and droplet break-off monitoring enable precise 1–4 color sorting with minimal training
- Compact design — dimensions of only 70 × 65 × 65 cm (2.3 × 2.1 × 2.1 ft), including onboard fluidics and temperature control system
- 2-way cell sorting— sort two different defined populations at the same time
- High speed and high purity — sort cells fast while maintaining high sensitivity and purity
- Intuitive interface — user-friendly ProSort Software enables effortless instrument control and sort logic definition
The S3e Cell Sorter is available in 1-laser, 2-detector, 2-laser, 4-detector, and 3-laser, 4-detector versions either alone or bundled with the S3e Biosafety System Class I. Bio-Rad also carries additional products that support or enhance cell sorting applications.
- S3e Biosafety System Class I
- ZE5™ Cell Analyzer
- TC20™ Automated Cell Counter
- ZOE™ Fluorescent Cell Imager
- Flow Cytometry Antibodies
- Gene Pulser Xcell™
Up to 5 x 1.5 ml tubes each direction
8-well strip each direction
Secondary: 640 nm 100 mW
Side scatter (SSC) with PMT
2 fluorescence detectors with PMT
Minimum resolution: 0.5 µm
Peltier solid-state system