The ReadyPrep 2-D cleanup kit uses selective precipitation to remove ionic contaminants such as detergents, lipids, and phenolic compounds from protein samples. These contaminants may interfere with separation, particularly during IEF and 2-D separations. Use of the kit improves 2-D resolution and reproducibility. This kit can also be used to clean up samples prior to other applications in which contaminants may negatively impact results.
The ReadyPrep 2-D cleanup kit:
- Employs a TCA-like protein precipitation to remove ionic contaminants from protein samples
- Enables concentration of proteins from samples that are too dilute, allowing for higher protein loads that can improve spot detection
- Can be used with virtually any protein sample
- Reduces streaking, background staining, and other gel artifacts associated with ionic contaminants
- Provides reagents for either 5 or 50 preparations
Use the filters below to refine results!
5 preps, includes 2 precipitation agents, 2 wash reagents, 1 wash reagent additive; for 5 x 100 µl protein samples each containing up to 500 µg protein