Criterion Stain-Free Tris-HCl Gels have been replaced with Criterion™ TGX Stain-Free™ Gels
To find a recommended replacement gel for a particular discontinued Tris-HCl gel, either:
- Find the discontinued item on the Stain-Free Tris-HCl Ordering tab with a link to the corresonding Criterion TGX Stain-Free Gel, or
- Enter the catalog number of the discontinued item in the search bar of the Discontinued Products page
If no replacement gel is listed, please contact Technical Support for questions about transitioning to a new product.
What Is Stain-Free
Find out more »
Find out more »
Bio-Rad Stain-Free Gel Imaging Systems allow direct visualization, analysis, and documentation of protein samples in SDS-PAGE gels with the single touch of a button, without staining, destaining, or gel drying procedures. The complete system is composed of the Gel Doc™ EZ imager*, Criterion Stain-Free gels, and Image Lab™ Software. It is a dedicated,
- Fast results — elimination of staining, destaining, and gel drying steps shortens the electrophoresis portion of the experimental workflow, such as sample assessment and data analysis in protein purification; researchers can plan for the next purification step or for the next project
- Reproducibility — gel imaging and analysis is automated, enabling reproducible results. There is no background variability within a gel or between gels (as is often seen with standard Coomassie Blue staining); Stain-Free Imaging enables standardization of methods
- Green technology — acetic acid and methanol are eliminated, reducing organic waste
- Ease of use — one-touch gel image analysis processing and data reporting is accomplished through a single user interface, reducing the number of steps to achieve results
Criterion Stain-Free Gels
Criterion Stain-Free gels are formulated with a protein visualization compound and Tris-HCl for PAGE applications. The most common protein electrophoretic application, SDS-PAGE, separates complex protein mixtures by size, allowing estimation of the molecular weight of sample proteins. The gels are made without SDS. By omitting the SDS from the running buffer, the gels can be used to run proteins under nondenaturing conditions for subsequent analysis of their native conformation and activity. Both single percentage and linear gradient gels are available.
Gel Doc EZ Imager*
The Gel Doc EZ system is a compact and automated imaging system. Trays specific for different applications afford flexibility and the Image Lab software provides publication-quality images and analyzed results with a push of a button.
Use the filters below to refine results!
Replaced with 4-20% Criterion TGX Stain-Free Protein Gel, 12+2 well, 45 µl (56780935678093; not available in Japan)
Replaced with 4-20% Criterion TGX Stain-Free Protein Gel, 18-well, 30 µl (56780945678094; not available in Japan)
Replaced with 4-20% Criterion TGX Stain-Free Protein Gel, 26-well, 15 µl (56780955678095; not available in Japan)
Replaced with 8–16% Criterion™ TGX Stain-Free™ Protein Gel, 12+2 well, 45 µl (56781035678103; Not available in Brazil and Japan)
Replaced with 8–16% Criterion; TGX Stain-Free Protein Gel, 26-well, 15 µl (5678105)