Bio-Plex Multiplex SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays
On This Page
|SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays||Vaccine Research and Development||Public Health Studies||Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Assays||Documents & Resources||Related Products|
Bio-Plex Pro SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Serology Assays Flier
The Bio-Plex Pro SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays* provide COVID-19 researchers with sensitive and specific assays to monitor the antibody immune response profile against four viral proteins. There are three isotype-specific 4-plex panels that measure antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid, Receptor Binding Domain, Spike 1, and Spike 2 viral proteins. The isotype-specific antibodies detected are IgA, IgG, and IgM, providing the spectrum of humoral response over time after COVID-19 vaccine administration or natural exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
Individual assay components are also available, offering the flexibility to assay only the antibodies of interest. The viral-protein-coated beads can be used to assay antibodies in multiple species and only need to be paired with a species-specific biotinylated antibody for detection. Bio-Plex Pro reagent kits can be used to further streamline assay configuration. Order Now
COVID-19 Vaccine Research and Development and Clinical Trials
The immune response to vaccination is multifaceted, with elements of the innate and adaptive immune response reacting to the target immunogen. Capturing the antibody response is one aspect that can be used to determine a vaccine's efficacy.
The Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 serology assays enable you to:
- Detect antibody response to specific viral subunits to understand each protein's immunogenicity profile
- Monitor dosing levels and efficacy in preclinical and clinical trials
- Determine effectiveness of vaccine over time through seropositive results during post-market surveillance
IgA, IgG, and IgM Multiplex Serology Assay Kits
SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid, Receptor-Binding Domain, Spike 1, and Spike 2 Coupled Beads
Anti-IgA, IgG, and IgM Detection Antibodies
Publications For Multiplex Immunoassay Use in Vaccine Development
- Trivedi SU, Miao C, Sanchez JE, Caidi H, Tamin A, Haynes L, Thornburg NJ. Development and Evaluation of a Multiplexed Immunoassay for Simultaneous Detection of Serum IgG Antibodies to Six Human Coronaviruses. Sci Rep. 2019 Feb 4;9(1):1390. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-37747-5
- Itell HL et al. (2018) Development and application of a multiplex assay for the simultaneous measurement of antibody responses elicited by common childhood vaccines. Vaccine. 2018 Sep 5;36(37):5600-5608. DOI: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.07.048
- Nygård M et al. (2018) Evaluation of the Long-Term Anti-Human Papillomavirus 6 (HPV6), 11, 16, and 18 Immune Responses Generated by the Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2015 Aug;22(8):943-8. DOI: 10.1128/CVI.00133-15
SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Assays for Public Health Studies
Surveying the seroprevalence of antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus is key to understanding local infection and exposure rates in specific areas or institutions. Because some people are asymptomatic and may not know they have been infected, population studies are crucial in modeling transmission in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Assays provide flexible options to measure anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in a population. Samples can be assayed to measure any combination of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid, receptor-binding domain, spike 1, and spike 2 viral proteins.
Publications For Multiplex Immunoassay Use in Seroprevalence Studies
- Fenwick C et al. (2020) Changes in SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Responses Impact the Estimates of Infections in Population-Based Seroprevalence Studies. medRxiv 2020.07.14.20153536; DOI: 10.1101/2020.07.14.20153536
- Kamminga S (2018) Seroprevalence of fourteen human polyomaviruses determined in blood donors. PLoS One. 2018 Oct 23;13(10):e0206273. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0206273
- Kaur H et al. (2018) Evaluation of the reproducibility of a serological test for antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis pgp3: A potential surveillance tool for trachoma programs. J Microbiol Methods. 2018 Apr;147:56-58. DOI: 10.1016/j.mimet.2018.02.017
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Assay Ordering Options
Multiplex SARS-CoV-2 Assay Human Serology Kits
Select complete, ready-to-use kits for multiplex target panels. For human serology samples only.
SARS-CoV-2 Assay Documents & Resources
Learn more about the assay with detailed instructions, workflows, kit contents, storage, and troubleshooting tips with this instruction manual.
Find out how to prepare and run a full 96-well Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assay plate with this quick guide.
Obtain product details such as assay characteristics and cross-reactivity results with this product information sheet.
Produce results with this semiquantitative protocol for use with the Bio-Plex Human IgG SARS-CoV-2 N/RBD/S1/S2 Serology Assays.
Bio-Plex Multiplex Systems Brochure (PDF 15.9 MB)
Learn about how how you can reduce time to results and samples while discovering more with Bio-Plex multiplex immunoassays, instruments, and software.
Bio-Plex Analyte Guide (PDF 2.2 MB)
Explore the different multiplex immunoassays and panels available on the Bio-Plex platform. Evaluate assay performance characteristics and sample data to choose the panel that fits your application.
In this webinar, we discuss early research and nascent hypotheses regarding the pathophysiology of SARS-CoV-2 induced COVID-19 disease by evaluating cytokine and chemokine profiles, the role of chronic inflammation in comorbidities, and the arc of immune resolution of historical virulent pathogens, such as SARS and MERS.
Get the most data out of your sample, without spending time on individual ELISAs. Learn how multiplex assays are being used on the front lines to understand patient immune response during infection, and discuss the most commonly asked questions around targets, panels, and multi-plate data analysis.
Tips for overcoming developmental hurdles, technologies that can shorten timelines, and novel tools for manufacturing and quality control.
In this webinar, we will be discussing the immune response to SARS‑CoV2, both in the context of natural exposure to the virus as well as induced immunity from vaccination. We will also investigate the relationship between symptom severity and the longevity of acquired immunity.
Bio-Rad provides multiple solutions to study the host response to coronavirus infection including assays to profile cytokine levels, immune and inflammation markers, and flow cytometry solutions to monitor cellular immune response.
Bio-Plex Readers and Tools include the Bio-Plex 200 and Bio-Plex 3D Systems, Bio-Plex Pro Wash Station, and maintenance, calibration, verification, and validation kits.