Buffers and reagents are offered for each step of the 2-DE separation process. The ReadyPrep 2-D starter kit is designed to simplify setting up the PROTEAN i12 IEF system and optimizing your 2-D electrophoresis technique.
- ImageReadyPrep™ 2-D Starter KitThe ReadyPrep 2-D starter kit is intended for first-time users of the PROTEAN IEF cell and ReadyStrip IPG strips. The kit contains tested premixed reagents and a reference manual with technical tips.
- ImageE. coli Lysate SampleThis E. coli lysate sample is performance-tested to generate a consistent pattern when used with ReadyPrep 2-D starter kit rehydration/sample buffer. Use as a control to validate your 2-D protocol.
- ImageOverlay AgaroseOverlay agarose saves time in setting up second-dimension SDS-PAGE samples. Bromophenol blue tracking dye is incorporated into these solutions to allow monitoring of electrophoresis runs.
- ImageDetergent for IEFDetergents are used in electrophoresis when it is necessary to disrupt protein-lipid or protein-protein interactions. SDS, Tween 20, Triton X-100 and CHAPS solutions are available.
- ImageReducing and Alkylating AgentsReducing agents are commonly used during sample preparation to cleave disulfide bond crosslinks within proteins and between protein subunits. DTT, TBP and iodoacetamide are offered.
- ImageAmpholytesBio-Lyte carrier ampholytes, supplied as clear aqueous solutions, are blended to give a complete range of isoelectric points for reproducible, linear pH gradients.