Bio-Plex Pro cell signaling assays are magnetic bead–based immunoassays for the detection of intracellular phosphoproteins and total target proteins in cell and tissue lysates. Total assays measure the total abundance of a target protein, regardless of its phosphorylation state. In cases where phosphoprotein and total protein assays are offered, they must be run in different wells due to shared bead regions. Using the multiplex format, the profiles of multiple proteins involved in cell signaling pathways can be detected using only 50 µl of lysate.
These assays are based on 6.5 µm magnetic beads.
- Mix compatible singleplex sets to create your own multiplex assay
- Assay protocol optimized for high sensitivity and broad dynamic range
- Highly specific antibodies developed and validated by Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
- Higher specificity sandwich format that minimizes cross-reactivity with other cellular proteins
- Low sample volume requirement
- Minimal hands-on time
- Assay quick guide to get you started right away
Additional Necessary Reagents
In addition to a phosphoprotein or total target assay, the Bio-Plex Pro cell signaling reagent kit (#171-304006M) is needed to perform a Bio-Plex Pro cell signaling assay.
Additional Recommended Reagents
For best results it is recommended that the appropriate cell lysate controls be included in each experiment. Refer to the Bio-Rad cell lysate controls selection guide to identify the appropriate controls for your Bio-Plex Pro cell signaling phosphoprotein or total target assay of interest.
Other Assay Formats Available
Custom assays available as Bio-Plex® x-Plex™ assays