The MicroRotofor™ cell uses liquid-phase IEF to fractionate small volumes (2.5 ml) of proteins in free solution by their pI. In 2-D electrophoresis applications, protein fractionation by pI improves downstream sample loading and separation on narrow- and micro-range IPG strips. Whether used alone or as part of a broader separation or purification scheme, the MicroRotofor cell offers rapid, simple, and effective fractionation and enrichment of proteins from complex protein mixtures.
The MicroRotofor cell is easy to set up and offers:
- Unique liquid-phase fractionation by pI, eliminating proteins outside a pI range of interest
- Up to 10-fold concentrations of proteins of interest
- Customizable pH gradients — wide or narrow linear pH gradients can be generated using Bio-Lyte® ampholytes
- Rapid recovery of proteins focused into 10 liquid fractions
- Integrated temperature regulation to improve reproducibility and to preserve protein structure and function for native separations
- Preassembled disposable focusing chambers
Accessory equipment required to run the MicroRotofor cell includes a 1,000 V power supply such as the PowerPac™ HV power supply (which is capable of running at 1 W constant power) and a house vacuum. Bio-Lyte ampholytes are required to form the internal pH gradient.