Hard-Shell 96-well skirted PCR plates are specifically designed to withstand the stresses of thermal cycling and robotic handling. The patented* two-component design provides superior stability and flatness, allowing precise positioning for automation. The low-profile (16.05 mm) wells are optimized for low-volume reactions and fast PCR.
Key Features and Benefits
- Reaction volumes of 5–125 µl (200 µl maximum)
- Extremely uniform wells reduce well-to-well variability in optical assays, such as those used in real-time PCR
- Full skirt for robotic handling and labeling surface
- Footprint and well spacing match ANSI/SBS standard dimensions
- Black lettering for easy well identification
- Process sampling and testing to ensure plates are free of DNase, RNase, and human DNA
- White-well option for increased fluorescent signal strength
- Color-coded skirt options with clear and white wells
- Low-cost, user-readable bar code option for convenient database tracking
* Hard-Shell plates are covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents or their foreign counterparts owned by Eppendorf AG: U.S. Patent Numbers 7,347,977; 6,340,589; and 6,528,302.