The Bio-Plex Pro RBM kidney toxicity assays, developed in partnership with Myriad RBM, comprise a highly relevant set of biomarkers for early detection and characterization of kidney toxicity/injury. Myriad RBM’s close collaboration with the Predictive Safety Testing Consortium (PSTC), FDA, and European Medicines Evaluation Agency (EMEA) was instrumental in the selection of markers found in these panels.
The assays are built on magnetic beads to enable robust quantification of multiple proteins in human urine samples, providing valuable information throughout drug development — from lead optimization to preclinical and clinical protocol decision making. Assays are offered as premixed all-in-one kits for research involving:
- Drug-induced kidney toxicity
- High blood pressure
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Chronic infection
- SLE (lupus) and other autoimmune disorders
Bio-Plex Pro RBM human kidney toxicity assays are available as two panels:
- Cystatin C
Based on 6.5 µm magnetic beads, these assay panels are compatible with both vacuum and magnetic wash stations. Magnetic washing simplifies plate processing, provides increased throughput, and results in decreased variability and increased reproducibility.
- Optimized for high precision and lot-to-lot reproducibility of sample measurements
- Magnetic beads for simplified plate processing
- 2-level quality controls with lot-specific ranges
- Assay quick guide to get you started right away
- High-quality design ensures robust and reproducible measurement of nephrotoxicity biomarkers in human, rat, and canine urine samples
Premixed all-in-one kits