The S3 cell sorter is the first truly walk-up automated cell sorter available to scientists. Expertly engineered with revolutionary precision and automation, the S3 cell sorter is a benchtop cell sorter equipped with one or two lasers and up to four fluorescent detectors plus scatter detectors utilizing traditional jet-in-air technology. Samples can be sorted at high speeds while maintaining sensitivity and high purity. Cell sorting has never been easier for the most common sorting experiments. Small in footprint, the S3 cell sorter brings affordable, dependable, and simplified cell sorting to every researcher.
- Walk-up cell sorting — provides automation to simplify setup and optimization
- Automated setup — creates precision sorting without user input or constant monitoring; fully automated drop delay calculation, stream-to-laser alignment, droplet break-off monitoring, and feedback ensure sort accuracy
- Benchtop footprint — includes space-saving, internalized fluidics and temperature control system to fit in any lab
- High speed and high purity — sorts cells faster while maintaining high sensitivity and yield
- 2-way cell sorting — sorts 2 different defined populations at the same time
- Automatic cleaning — reduces carryover with a dual-position loading stage that ensures the sample line is clean between sort runs
By automating the complex presort setup with unique technology, the S3 cell sorter creates a more efficient workflow. With state-of-the art technology for automated drop delay calculation, start sorting experiments with ease and accuracy with these automated features:
- Stream-to-laser alignment
- Drop delay calculation
- Droplet break-off monitoring and feedback
- Phase and deflection adjustments to sort stream
- Daily QC reporting
- Collection volume monitoring to prevent overfilling
With an onboard monitoring and quality control system, researchers can be assured that their cells are sorted accurately for the highest purity and yield. The S3 cell sorter provides consistent and dependable sorting setups so each sort can be done with confidence.