Hard-Shell 96-well 480 PCR plates are optimized to work on the Roche LightCycler 480 real-time PCR system. Hard-Shell plates are specifically designed to withstand the stresses of heat sealing, thermal cycling, and robotic handling. The patented* two-component microplate design provides superior stability and flatness, allowing precise positioning for automation. The low-profile wells are optimized for low-volume reactions and fast PCR.
Key Features and Benefits
- Polycarbonate shell — prevents plate warping when thermal cycling in the Roche LightCycler 480
- Extremely uniform wells — reduce well-to-well variability in optical assays performed in real-time PCR
- Black lettering — facilitates well identification
- Rigid shell — ideal for heat sealing methods with instruments such as the PX1™ PCR plate sealer
- White-well option for increased fluorescent signal strength
- Bar-coded on row A side for convenient database tracking
- match ANSI/SBS standard dimensions
- Reaction volumes of 5–125 µl (200 µl maximum)
- Process sampling and testing to ensure that plates are free of DNase, RNase, and human DNA
Compatible PCR Instrument
- Roche LightCycler 480 real-time PCR system
* Hard-Shell plates are covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents or their foreign counterparts owned by Eppendorf AG: U.S. Patent Numbers 7,347,977; 6,340,589; and 6,528,302.