NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
VOID WHERE PROHIBITIED
1) Entry Period/Eligibility: Entry period ("Entry Period") begins at 9:00 AM (PST) on June 13, 2008, and ends at 5:00 PM (PST) on June 12, 2009.
Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") open only to all legal U.S. residents in the United States at the time of entry, age 18 years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. ("Sponsor") and their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating vendors, distributors, sales representatives, and the advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter.
2) HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit a gene transfer protocol by completing and submitting the Protocol Submission Form at www.bio-rad.com/genetransferprotocols. A confirmation email will be sent after the submission form is received and your name will be placed in the drawing.† By submitting this form, you hereby grant Sponsor permission to publish your protocol in Sponsorís online protocol library.
Eligible entries will be automatically entered into the drawing.† There is no limit to the number of entries, but only one grand prize may be awarded per entrant; for each protocol submitted, the entrant will receive a chance to win.† Multiple protocol submission forms submitted by a single entrant will generate multiple sweepstakes entries. †Each entrant represents that he/she is the sole author of and has all rights, title and interest to the protocol(s) that the entrant submits and that information submitted is correct to the entrantís knowledge.† †Incomplete, false or illegible forms are void.† Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone, or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur.†
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
3) WINNER SELECTION: The Sweepstakes is one sweepstakes wherein approximately one (1) grand prize winner will be selected each month during the Entry Period for a total of twelve (12) grand prize winners (the "Grand Prize Winners"). The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received. One grand prize per entrant. †The Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judges of this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final on all matter relating to this Sweepstakes. †Winner will be notified by e-mail or mail within twenty one (21) days following the prize drawing.
4) PRIZE (12): †Each of the twelve (12) Grand Prize Winners will receive an electronic frame, valued at a maximum of $150.00 (One Hundred Fifty USD).† Sponsor will deliver the prize to the winner's designated address at Sponsor's expense and by method of Sponsorís choice (prizes will not be delivered to P.O. boxes).† Each grand prize winner assumes responsibility for all other charges, if any. Any applicable tax on the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Certain restrictions may apply. No substitution, barter, cash redemptions, transfer, or assignment of any prize permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value if prize is unavailable.
Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $ 1,800 (One Thousand Eight Hundred USD).
5) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules. The laws of the United States govern this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winner may be required to execute, without limitation, an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment forms, and except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days following the date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner by random drawing at Sponsor's sole discretion. By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the use of their name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree indemnify and to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, prize suppliers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize, or to participation in the Sweepstakes or in prize-related activities.
6) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:† Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software nor failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect entry information whether caused by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur during the entry processing. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor's control, which corrupts the integrity, administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible, nonsuspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation.
7) WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules or Winner List, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to: Gene Transfer Protocol Submission Sweepstakes*, c/o GXD Marketing, 2000 Alfred Nobel Drive, Hercules, CA 94547, no later than July 12, 2009.
9) SPONSOR: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., 1000 Alfred Nobel Drive, Hercules, CA 94547.