KnowItAll Support, Upgrade, and Subscription Renewal Policy
What is the support policy for newly-licensed Bio-Rad Informatics products?
Bio-Rad Informatics will provide free, unlimited telephone and email Technical Support for the entire Service Life of the product during published Technical Support hours (weekdays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time) for its software and database products. The Service Life terminates on the End of the Technical Support Date for the product version licensed (see Bio-Rad Informatics End of Technical Support Policy below).
Bio-Rad Informatics will provide free software upgrades, patches, and fixes on all newly-licensed products for a grace period of one (1) year after the date of original license.
To receive software upgrades, patches, and fixes after this grace period, a customer must license one of the following:
- Option A: Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan – Within two (2) years after the initial license date, a Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan may be licensed. The Plan fee is 20% of the then-current list price of all components originally licensed.
- Option B: Buy an Upgrade to the Original Products – In the third year after the initial license date, an upgrade to the original products must be licensed. The upgrade license fee is 75% of the then-current list price of all components originally licensed.
- Option C: Relicense the Newest Version of the Original Products – After three (3) years after the initial license date, the entire product and all components must be relicensed at the then-current list price.
All software upgrades, patches, and fixes will be available via download. USD Installation Cards are available on request at an additional fee. Customers will be contacted when major upgrades are available for download from the Bio-Rad Informatics web site.
Bio-Rad Informatics reserves the right to require that a customer upgrade to the most current version of the product to resolve a product issue.
Customers who license a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual license may be eligible for a free Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan.
- All Bio-Rad software products directly associated with a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual license are covered under the free Upgrade Plan.
- Third-party add-ons distributed by Bio-Rad are not eligible for a free Upgrade Plan. A fee of 20% of the incremental value of the third-party add-ons must be paid to add them to the Upgrade Plan; otherwise the software version cannot be upgraded.
- Software products not associated with the a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual license are not covered under the free Upgrade Plan. Additional coverage under the Upgrade Plan may be licensed for software products not associated with a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual license.
What if additional options are licensed after the initial license?
- All additional licenses must be added to an existing Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan.
- The Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan will be based on the current list price.
Can the Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan be renewed?
- Yes. At any time before the Plan expires, it may be renewed for any number of years at 20% of the then-current price of the products originally licensed per year.
- The Plan cannot be renewed for only a portion of the product components currently contained in a single license. All product components not covered by the Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan must be made inactive.
What if the Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan is not renewed?
- If not renewed, all benefits of the Plan will cease immediately following the Plan's expiration date.
Can the original Plan be renewed more than one year after the expiration date?
- No. After one year, the current upgraded version of all products originally licensed must be licensed for 75% of the current list price at the time of the upgrade license.
- A new Bio-Rad Informatics Upgrade Plan may then be licensed to cover the upgraded product for any number of years, based on the above pricing.
- The new expiration date will be based on the license date of the upgrade.
Bio-Rad Informatics End of Technical Support Policy
- Engineering Support– Telephone support and potential workarounds as well as fixes and patches to the current major version of the software. Engineering Support is only available for the current version of the software.
- Technical Support– Telephone support and potential workarounds, but not software fixes and patches. Technical Support for an old product version is available for two (2) years after the release of a new product version that supersedes the previous product version.
- Version Launch Date– The date upon which Bio-Rad's Informatics Division begins shipping a new version of a product.
- End of Engineering Support Date– The date after which Bio-Rad's Informatics Division will no longer provide software fixes and patches for a product version.
- Engineering Support will be provided for the newest version of a product until the subsequent version of that product is released.
- No software fixes or patches will be provided for old product versions.
- End of Technical Support Date– The date after which Bio-Rad's Informatics Division will no longer provide Technical Support for old product versions.
- The End of Technical Support Date for a product version will occur two (2) years after the release of the version of the product that supersedes that version.
- After the End of Technical Support Date, Bio-Rad Informatics will no longer provide any Technical Support for that product version. This is synonymous with the End of Service Life for that specific version.
|Version||Launch Date||End of Engineering Support||End of Technical Support|
|2018||March 19, 2018||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|2017||September 22, 2016||March 19, 2018||March 19, 2020|
|Version||Launch Date||End of Engineering Support||End of Technical Support|
|2015||October 6, 2015||September 22, 2016||September 22, 2018|
|2014||April 24, 2014||October 6, 2015||October 6, 2017|
|2013||July 19, 2013||April 24, 2014||April 24, 2016|
|9.5||July 19, 2012||July 19, 2013||July 19, 2015|
|9.0||August 12, 2011||July 19, 2012||July 19, 2014|
|8.3||October 15, 2010||August 12, 2011||August 12, 2013|
|8.2||March 15, 2010||October 15, 2010||October 15, 2012|
|8.1||September 28, 2009||March 15, 2010||March 15, 2012|
|8.0||November 20, 2008||September 28, 2009||September 28, 2011|
|7.9.5||April 16, 2008||November 20, 2008||November 20, 2010|
|7.9||November 20, 2007||April 16, 2008||April 16, 2010|
|7.8||May 30, 2007||November 20, 2007||November 20, 2009|
|7.5||August 4, 2006||May 30, 2007||May 30, 2009|
|7.0||June 15, 2006||August 4, 2006||August 4, 2008|
|6.0||September 14, 2005||June 15, 2006||June 15, 2008|
|5.0||December 23, 2004||September 14, 2005||September 14, 2007|
|4.1||September 10, 2004||December 23, 2004||December 23, 2006|
|4.0||April 30, 2004||September 10, 2004||September 10, 2006|
|3.1||December 29, 2003||April 30, 2004||April 30, 2006|
|3.0||September 9, 2003||December 29, 2003||December 28, 2005|
|2.2||June 6, 2003||September 9, 2003||September 8, 2005|
|2.1||March 20, 2003||June 6, 2003||June 5, 2005|
|2.0||August 23, 2002||March 20, 2003||March 19, 2005|
|1.3||May 17, 2002||August 23, 2002||August 22, 2004|
|1.2||January 18, 2002||May 17, 2002||May 16, 2004|
|1.1||September 20, 2001||January 18, 2002||January 18, 2004|
|1.0||May 24, 2001||September 20, 2001||September 20, 2003|
Subscription Renewal Policy
Bio-Rad Informatics products can be licensed on a subscription basis. To account for time lost due to shipping, the end date of a subscription will be defined as the length of the subscription term plus an additional two weeks after the date on which the product has shipped from the Bio-Rad Informatics Division manufacturing facility in the U.S.
A subscription may be renewed for additional terms. Subscription renewals have a product code that is different from the product code of the initial new subscription. In addition, the subscription renewal prices are lower than the new subscription prices. If a subscription is renewed late, the subscription renewal date will not be changed, which means that the number of useable days remaining in the subscription will be less than that of a full subscription term. If a new, higher priced subscription rather than the lower priced subscription renewal is purchased, the new subscription end date will be reset as defined above.