The Hard-Shell 96-well 480 PCR plates kit contains 100 plates and 100 Microseal 'C' optical seals.
Microseal 'C' optical seals are optically clear adhesive films designed for optical assays, such as those performed in real-time PCR. They can be used for microplates with raised well rims.
- Films provide a tight seal for PCR and qPCR
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive sticks to the plate, not your gloves
- Free from DNase, RNase, and human DNA contaminants
Hard-Shell 96-well 480 PCR plates are optimized to work on the Roche LightCycler 480 real-time PCR system. Hard-Shell plates are specifically designed to withstand the stresses of heat sealing, thermal cycling, and robotic handling. The patented* two-component microplate design provides superior stability and flatness, allowing precise positioning for automation. The low-profile wells are optimized for low-volume reactions and fast PCR.
Key Features and Benefits
- Polycarbonate shell — prevents plate warping when thermal cycling in the Roche LightCycler 480
- Extremely uniform wells — reduce well-to-well variability in optical assays performed in real-time PCR
- Black lettering — facilitates well identification
- Rigid shell — ideal for heat sealing methods with instruments such as the PX1™ PCR plate sealer
Not drawn to scale.
All dimensions in mm, unless otherwise noted.
||Hard-Shell® 96-Well 480 PCR Plates (HSR-99xx)
|Length at base plane
|Width at base plane
|Well diameter at opening
|Well diameter at bottom of conical section
| Left edge to well A1
| Top edge to well A1
|Center of A1 to center of A12
|Center of A1 to center of H1
- White-well option for increased fluorescent signal strength
- Bar-coded on row A side for convenient database tracking
- match ANSI/SBS standard dimensions
- Reaction volumes of 5–125 µl (200 µl maximum)
- Process sampling and testing to ensure that plates are free of DNase, RNase, and human DNA
Compatible PCR Instrument
- Roche LightCycler 480 real-time PCR system
* Hard-Shell plates are covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents or their foreign counterparts owned by Eppendorf AG: U.S. Patent Numbers 7,347,977; 6,340,589; and 6,528,302.