Hard-Shell Low-Profile 96-Well Semi-Skirted PCR Plates are compatible with many cyclers, including Applied Biosystems 7500 fast and ViiA 7 fast instruments and many of Bio-Rad’s thermal cyclers and real-time PCR detection systems. Hard-Shell Plates are specifically designed to withstand the stresses of heat sealing, thermal cycling, and robotic handling. The patented* two-component microplate design provides superior stability and flatness, allowing precise positioning for automation. The low-profile wells are optimized for low-volume reactions and fast PCR.
Key Features and Benefits
- Semi-skirted — compatible with Applied Biosystems 7500 fast and ViiA 7 fast instruments
- Highly versatile design — provides compatibility with many Bio-Rad thermal cyclers and real-time PCR detection systems, including the C1000 Touch™ and CFX instrument series
- Extremely uniform wells — reduce well-to-well variability in optical assays performed in real-time PCR
- Black lettering — facilitates well identification
- Rigid shell — ideal for heat sealing methods with instruments such as the PX1™ PCR Plate Sealer
Not drawn to scale.
All dimensions in mm, unless otherwise noted.
||Hard-Shell® Low-Profile 96-Well Semi-Skirted PCR Plates (HSL-9xxx)
|Length at base plane
|Width at base plane
|Well diameter at opening
|Well diameter at bottom of conical section
|Left edge to well A1
|Top edge to well A1
|Center of A1 to center of A12
|Center of A1 to center of H1
- White-well option for increased fluorescent signal strength
- Color-coded skirt options with clear and white wells
- Low-cost, user-readable bar code option for convenient database tracking
- Footprint and well spacing match ANSI/SBS standard dimensions
- Reaction volumes of 5–125 µl (200 µl maximum)
- Process sampling and testing to ensure that plates are free of DNase, RNase, and human DNA
Compatible Thermal Cyclers
- Applied Biosystems fast cyclers (9800 fast and Veriti fast)
- Bio-Rad® C1000™, C1000 Touch, and S1000™
- Eppendorf Mastercycler series
Compatible Real-Time PCR Detection Systems
- Applied Biosystems fast instruments (7500 fast and ViiA 7 fast)
- Bio-Rad® CFX96™, CFX96 Touch™, CFX96 Touch Deep Well™, and CFX Connect™
- Eppendorf Mastercycler ep realplex
* Hard-Shell plates are covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents or their foreign counterparts owned by Eppendorf AG: U.S. Patent Numbers 7,347,977; 6,340,589; and 6,528,302.