Use midi Criterion TGX Stain-Free Protein Gels for preparative electrophoresis. The novel formulation of TGX, Tris-Glycine eXtended, Stain-Free Gels delivers a long shelf life and allows rapid fluorescent detection of proteins with Bio-Rad’s stain-free enabled imaging systems. TGX Stain-Free Gels can be used for either standard SDS denaturing protein separations or native electrophoresis.
Bio-Rad offers a wide range of Criterion TGX Stain-Free Precast Protein Gels, including other percentage gels with IPG/prep wells, as well as gels with a 700 μl prep well and 2 reference wells.
Run up to four gels using the Criterion Cells, or for higher throughput the Criterion Dodeca Cell can run up to 12 gels or IPG strips.
- Stain-free imaging of gels and blots in 1 min
- Can be used for denaturing electrophoresis with standard running buffer containing SDS
- Laemmli-like separation in the presence of SDS
- Run time as short as 20 min
- Proteins retain native conformation and activity in the absence SDS
- 12 month shelf life
Criterion TGX Stain-Free Gels contain trihalo compounds, which in the presence of UV-light react with tryptophan residues producing fluorescence. The fluorophores remain covalently bound to the proteins throughout electrophoresis and blotting, and may be visualized in gels or multiple times on PVDF membranes.
Criterion Precast Gels Application Guide, Instruction Manual