The DCode universal mutation detection system has a vertical electrophoresis cell with adaptors for different techniques for identification of single-base changes, providing a simple, efficient, and flexible system for screening and identifying polymorphisms. Use the same system for high-throughput screening for a mutation or hunting for unknowns.
The DCode system can identify single-base changes using any combination of the following electrophoretic techniques:
- Single-stranded conformation polymorphism (SSCP)
- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE)
- Constant denaturing gel electrophoresis (CDGE)
- Temporal temperature gradient gel electrophoresis (TTGE)
A unique feature of the DCode system is the ability to perform TTGE. This type of analysis, codeveloped by Bio-Rad, has the advantage of not using a denaturing chemical gradient gel, as is required for DGGE and to optimize CDGE. The denaturing chemical gradient is replaced with a linear temperature gradient, eliminating the need for casting gradient gels. TTGE provides faster, simpler and increased reproducibility of detection of single-base changes.
Features of the DCode universal mutation detection system:
- Run up to 64 samples in as little as 2 hours
- Accurate temperature control options for electrophoresis runs between 5° and 70°
- Temperature ramp as low as 0.1°C/hr
- MacMelt and WinMelt software help determine optimal temperature ranges, as well as GC clamp and primer placement
- Gradients may be formed parallel or perpendicular to the direction of electrophoresis
- Modular design for customizing current and future laboratory demands
- Different plate dimensions available, including 20 x 16, 16 x 16, 10 x 16 and 7.5 x 16 cm
- Depending on plate dimensions, run up to four gels simultaneously
- Specialized accessory kits that simplify startup
- Technique-specific reagents and controls that are optimized for DGGE, CDGE, SSCP, and TTGE
A self-training guide, an interactive CD-ROM, is available. The guide has videos on setting up and using the DCode system, the principles of SSCP, DGGE, CDGE and TTGE, software tutorials , instruction manual, plus application notes and other reference materials. Request catalog #170-9241. The CD-ROM is PC-compatible only.
PowerPac™ Basic Power Supply
PowerPac HC High-Current Power Supply
Acrylamide Solutions and Powders
Nucleic Acid Stains and Tracking Dyes