Zygosaccharomyces bailii is a yeast responsible for the spoilage of wine, juice, and other food products that are normally stable in storage due to refermentation of residual sugars. Z. bailii is a particularly robust yeast that thrives in food matrices in which other microorganisms are unable to grow or even survive. ENGLISH
The presence of Zygosaccharomyces in wine is difficult to detect by conventional culture methods, which are time-consuming and nonspecific. The VINEO™ ZYGO bailii PCR Test Kit enables rapid and specific detection of this yeast early in the winemaking process, allowing measures to be taken to prevent damage to the finished product.
- Specifically targets only Zygosaccharomyces bailii
- Fast detection in less than 4 hours by real-time PCR
- Sensitive — ensures the complete absence of Z. bailii
- Easy to use — quick DNA extraction with the VINEO™ Extract DNA Kit followed by real-time PCR
- Rapid, early detection of Z. bailii in wines
- Simultaneous detection of Zygosaccharomyces and Brettanomyces (with the VINEO™ Brettanomytest PCR Kit)