Bio-Rad's 0.45 µm pore-size supported nitrocellulose membrane is dense 100% nitrocellulose cast on both sides of an inert polyester support. It is easy to handle, wets readily, and does not have the brittleness often associated with unsupported nitrocellulose.
This supported 0.45 µm nitrocellulose has an excellent signal-to-noise ratio and is recommended for analytical blotting, including most protein, DNA, and RNA transfers. For low molecular weight proteins and nucleic acids, use our 0.2 µm supported nitrocellulose membrane.
Features and Benefits
- Compatible with all standard immunoblotting and nucleic acid detection methods
- Provides superior binding capacity without background interference
- Pore size produces excellent signal-to-noise blotting results
- Available in in packs of precut membrane or an economical roll
- Transfer of protein from SDS-PAGE gels to membrane in preparation for western blotting
- Transfer of a wide range of protein molecular weights and nucleic acids >500 bp
- Transfer of nucleic acids in preparation for Northern or Southern blotting
- Immunodetection of target proteins and probe hybridization of nucleic acids
See the Blotting Membrane and Filter Paper Selection Guide for more information on the different membrane types and size selections by gel type.