Precision Blue™ real-time PCR dye is a concentrated, ready-to-use reagent that increases the visibility of real-time PCR reaction mixtures. This unique, advanced formulation facilitates precise pipetting and accurate reaction tracking when loading tubes or plates for real-time qPCR experiments. It is particularly useful when loading white or 384-well plates, which can sometimes be challenging.
- Increase your qPCR accuracy and reproducibility — more consistent reaction volumes reduce technical variation
- Confirm complete reaction transfer while pipetting — no more wondering if the full reaction volume was transferred out of the tip into the well
- Decrease setup time without compromising qPCR data quality — work faster but more accurately using visible confirmation to avoid pipetting errors
- Get the ultimate confidence in your qPCR data — use Precision Blue dye with Bio-Rad's PrimePCR™ assays, our expertly designed real-time PCR assays that are wet-lab validated to ensure optimal assay performance (available in the U.S., Canada, and EU only)
Precision Blue dye is a robust, versatile reagent formulated for a wide range of real-time PCR applications. It can be used with both fluorogenic probes and SYBR® Green chemistries and is optimized for use with all Bio-Rad universal real-time supermixes and one-step kits. For ease of use, Precision Blue dye can be added to the full volume of a 2x supermix or one-step kit reaction mix and then stored as indicated. When used as directed, it will not adversely affect PCR specificity, sensitivity, or reproducibility.
Precision Blue dye has been validated on the following instruments:
- Bio-Rad real-time PCR detection systems:
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT and ViiA 7 systems
Compatibility on additional systems has been tested but should be validated by the user.
Precision Blue dye does not interfere with passive reference dye fluorescence and can be used on both ROX-dependent and ROX-independent instruments. No additional ROX normalization dye is required for ROX-dependent systems when Precision Blue dye is used as instructed.
Bio-Rad offers complete workflow solutions for real-time PCR:
Follow our step-by-step qPCR assay design and optimization protocols to ensure that your qPCR reactions are reproducible and reliable.
Learn more about qPCR data analysis and get help with troubleshooting real-time PCR reactions.