The EpiQ chromatin analysis kit is a novel epigenetics research tool for the quantitative assessment of chromatin structure in cultured cells. The kit workflow combines in situ chromatin digestion, genomic DNA purification, and real-time PCR for the rapid evaluation of the chromatin environment for targeted regions of the genome. It can discriminate open, actively transcribed chromatin regions from closed, transcriptionally silent regions. The EpiQ kit helps quantify the impact of epigenetic events, such as DNA methylation and histone modification, on gene expression regulation through chromatin state changes.
Key Features and Benefits
- Short assay time — assessment of chromatin structure in cultured cells can be accomplished in less than
- Small sample requirement — as little as 5 x 104 cells are required to perform analysis
- Valuable results — novel assay generates quantitative chromatin structure information with strong correlation to gene expression levels
Manual and Tools for the EpiQ Chromatin Analysis Kit
The following manual, guide, and tool will help you obtain optimal results and are required for accurate assay design and data analysis using the EpiQ chromatin analysis kit:
- EpiQ™ Chromatin Analysis Kit Instruction Manual — to get started using the kit (part #10019321, packaged with the product)
- EpiQ™ Chromatin Analysis Kit Primer Design and qPCR Optimization Guide — to optimize design before starting qPCR experiments (Bulletin 6050, only available online)
- EpiQ™ Chromatin Kit Data Analysis Tool — for analysis after completing qPCR experiments (only available online)
Get more information and download the files from the EpiQ™ Manual and Tools overview.
Applications and Uses
- Epigenetics research tool
- Gene expression regulation
- Chromatin structure assessment