The S3 cell sorter is an automated benchtop cell sorter featuring either one or two lasers and up to four fluorescence detectors plus forward- and side-scatter detectors. The S3 cell sorter uses state-of-the-art ProDrop™ technology for automated drop delay calculation and droplet break-off monitoring, thereby simplifying one of the most complex and error-prone aspects of cell sorting.
This affordable cell sorter provides exceptional sort purity without compromising performance and sensitivity. The system is ideal for sorting cells expressing fluorescent proteins such as eGFP, DsRed, mCherry, or for cells labeled with fluorescent markers such as labeled antibodies.
Features and Benefits
- Simplified instrument setup — automated drop delay calculation and droplet break-off monitoring enables precise 1–4 color sorting with minimal training
- Compact design — dimensions of only 70 × 65 × 65 cm (2.3 × 2.1 × 2.1 ft) including onboard fluidics and temperature control system
- Reduced carryover — dual-position loading stage ensures the sample line remains clean between sorting runs
- 2-way cell sorting — sort two different defined populations at the same time
- High speed and high purity — sort cells fast while maintaining high sensitivity and purity
- Intuitive interface — user-friendly ProSort™ software enables effortless instrument control and sort logic definition
For added biosafety during the cell sorting process, the optional S3 biosafety system Class I (145-1078) is available. Custom-designed to work specifically with the S3 cell sorter, the biosafety system Class I provides protection for both the user and the environment from aerosols created while sorting. The biosafety system is an affordable alternative to the large and expensive traditional biosafety hoods offered for cell sorters.