Biotestcell® Reagent Red Blood Cells are human red blood cells used for ABO testing, antibody screening, and antibody identification.
Biotestcell® A1 & B and Biotestcell® A2 are used for the detection of antibodies to A and B antibodies in test serum or plasma. They have the following antigen combinations:
||A1 Rh negative (D negative) (ccddee)
||B Rh negative (D negative) (ccddee)
||A2 Rh negative (D negative) (ccddee)
Biotestcell®-1&2 and Biotestcell®-3 are used for the detection of unexpected red blood cell antibodies. Biotestcell®-I8, Biotestcell®-I11 and Biotestcell®-I11 Plus are used for the identification of unexpected red blood cell antibodies. These products may be used on either TANGO™ optimo or in tube testing.
- R1R1 (CDe/CDe) and R2R2 (cDE/cDE)
- Homozygous expression of Jka
- R1R1 (CDe/CDe), R2R2 (cDE/cDE), and rr (cde/cde), Jk(a+b-), Jk(a-b+), Fy(a+b-), Fy(a-b+), M+N-, M-N+, S+s-, S-s+, Le(a+b-), Le(a-b+)
- Biotestcell®-I8, Biotestcell®-I11 and Biotestcell®-I11 Plus are eight and eleven cell panels that facilitate the easy identification of most red blood cell antibodies. Each vial contains a 4 ml fill volume.
Coombscell® E is an IgG-coated Red Blood Cell for the control of the antiglobulin test. These cells can be used for the following:
- In-house quality control (reactivity of AHG reagent)
- To control negative antiglobulin tests (DAT and IAT)
Biotestcells® and Coombscell® E are suspended to a 3.0 to 3.4% in modified Alsevers solution and are shipped every four weeks.