RAPID'P.aeruginosa Agar is a selective chromogenic culture medium for the direct enumeration, without confirmation, of Pseudomonas aeruginosa after membrane filtration of water samples.
This is ideal to test for P. aeruginosa in water intended for human consumption, in particular bottled water with low suspended solids, and untreated water such as well water, lakes, and streams where there is abundant microbial flora.
- Direct enumeration of P. aeruginosa with high specificity
- Complete results within 22–30 hr
- Reliable results compared to the CN Agar method
- Excellent color contrast for rapid assessment of colonies
- No confirmation step required
- Certified by NF VALIDATION as an alternative method for the detection and enumeration of P. aeruginosa according to the NF EN ISO 16266 standard in water with low suspended solids
The principle of RAPID'P.aeruginosa Agar is based on the detection of enzymatic activity, specific to P. aeruginosa, that cleaves a chromogenic substrate, leading to blue to blue-green P. aeruginosa colonies. The selective media inhibits the majority of interfering flora, particularly other Pseudomonas spp., which are abundant in water. Other microorganisms may show growth; however, their colonies appear transparent or pigmented yellow-green and are easily distinguishable from those of P. aeruginosa.
RAPID'P.aeruginosa Agar for Water Testing is available as ready-to-use plates (3563984) or as a dehydrated broth (3564900).