ProteinChip serum fractionation kits are used to generate profiles from serum samples with the objective of discovering new biomarkers. These kits provide all the necessary reagents and ProteinChip arrays needed to generate profiles from serum samples.
ProteinChip serum fractionation kits include a 96-well filter plate filled with anion exchange media. The filter plate is used to separate the serum sample into six fractions (from each well) containing proteins roughly separated on the basis of isoelectric point (pI). Highly abundant proteins are segregated into a limited number of fractions, reducing signal suppression effects on proteins of lower abundance. This increases the number of peaks detected and the probability of novel biomarker discovery.
Two versions of the ProteinChip serum fractionation kit are available:
- ProteinChip serum fractionation kit — includes the anion exchange filter plate for serum fractionation by pI
- ProteinChip serum fractionation starter kit — includes the anion exchange filter plate for fractionation, as well as a selection of ProteinChip arrays (reverse-phase H50 array, metal affinity capture IMAC30 array, and weak cation exchange CM10 array) and buffers for profiling; binding and washing buffers have been optimized for biomarker discovery
Individual components of these kits are also available, allowing maximum flexibility in study design.
Benefits of kits include:
- Improved results — fractionation and the use of optimal binding buffers increase the probability that new biomarkers will be discovered
- Proven protocols — supplied with the kits, these have been validated by researchers working on a wide range of applied research projects
- High-throughput capability — fractionation is performed in a 96-well format, enabling robotic automation or use of multichannel pipets
- Convenience — media is preloaded into the filtration plate, eliminating the need for mixing while filling the plate; all buffers for fractionation, binding, and washing are premade to save time
- Flexibility — kits can be used manually or with automation
- Consistency — buffers are premade and pH-tested to ensure they are within 0.05 of the specified pH for reproducible results; an antimicrobial preservative ensures reliable performance
- Ease of use — step-by-step protocols are provided with kits