Precision Plus Protein standard plugs allow easy, quick, and clean loading of molecular weight standards on any gel. The plugs can be used on vertical 2–D gels with no reference well. Precision Plus Protein unstained standards are cast in 1 mm thick agarose plugs for easy storage, handling, and loading. Load concentrations have been optimized for SYPRO Ruby, Silver Stain Plus, and Bio-Safe Coomassie Blue staining.
Some features and benefits of the plugs are:
- Precast for ease of use — just snap, twist, and load the plug onto a gel
- Absolute molecular weight accuracy, confirmed by mass spectrometry
- Ideal ten-band range from 10 kD to 250 kD, with 3 high-intensity reference bands (25 kD, 50 kD, and 75 kD) for instant gel orientation
- Molecular weights that never change, so band sizes are easy to remember
- High r2 value, >0.995, allowing accurate molecular weight determination
- Known concentration of protein in each band, allowing quantitation capability
- Strep-tag amino acid sequence for detection and molecular weight determination on western blots
Precision Plus Protein standard plugs come in easy-to-use snap-off molds in packs of 24 (one application per plug).