TGX Stain-Free FastCast premixed acrylamide solutions bring all the benefits of TGX gel chemistry to handcast polyacrylamide gels. TGX (Tris-Glycine eXtended) formulation retains Laemmli-like separation characteristics while using a standard Tris-glycine running buffer system. TGX Stain-Free FastCast premixed acrylamide solutions for hand casting are available in the most commonly used cross-linking ratios for PAGE systems.
TGX Stain-Free chemistry enables rapid fluorescent detection of proteins directly within gels and blots with Bio-Rad's stain-free enabled imagers. Protein samples can be separated in 20 minutes and then visualized in 5 minutes.
- Handcast gels ready to run in as little as 30 min
- Long shelf life — handcast gels remain fresh for up to 4 weeks at 4°C
- Stain-free visualization of proteins in your gel or blot in less than 5 min with stain-free enabled imaging systems (Gel Doc™ EZ, Gel Doc XR+, ChemiDoc™ MP, and ChemiDoc XRS+)
- Electrophoresis run times as short as 20 min using the Mini-PROTEAN® Tetra or Criterion™ cells
- Efficient protein transfers in as little as 3 min using the Trans-Blot® Turbo™ transfer system
- Ability to monitor the success of your electrophoresis and transfer steps without additional staining
- 1-D polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for separation of proteins
- Accurate molecular weight estimation
- Robust separation for complex samples
Approximate number of gels per kit.
||Mini Gels (~9 x 7 cm)
||Midi Gels (~13 x 9 cm)
Download the FastCast kits calculator to automatically calculate the volumes of stacker, resolver, APS, and TEMED required when casting TGX FastCast and TGX Stain-Free FastCast gels.
Bio-Rad's V3 Western Workflow™ is a five-step approach to streamlining your western blotting protocol. The V3 Western Workflow facilitates speed and validation at each step of a western blotting experiment — from running gels to quantifying proteins. See V3 Western Workflow video to learn more.
The Quick Start Guide to Stain-Free Imaging provides step-by-step instructions on how to obtain stain-free gel images from TGX Stain-Free gels in less than 5 minutes using Bio-Rad’s ImageLab™ software and stain-free enabled imagers.
Gel handcasting equipment and electrophoresis cells are offered in mini and midi gel formats. See the electrophoresis system selection guide for more details.
Criterion and Criterion™ Dodeca™ cells use integral cassettes for gel hand casting. 1.0 mm thick gel casting sets are available in various comb configurations: