TGX FastCast premixed acrylamide solutions bring all the benefits of TGX gel chemistry to handcast polyacrylamide gels. TGX (Tris-Glycine eXtended) chemistry retains Laemmli-like separation characteristics while using a standard Tris-glycine running buffer system. Protein samples in the gel can be separated in only 20 minutes. TGX FastCast premixed acrylamide solutions for hand casting are available in the most commonly used cross-linking ratios for PAGE systems.
- Handcast gels ready to run in as little as 30 min
- Long shelf life — handcast gels remain fresh for up to 4 weeks at 4°C
- Electrophoresis run times as short as 20 min using Mini-PROTEAN® Tetra or Criterion™ cells
- Efficient protein transfers in as little as 3 min using the Trans-Blot® Turbo™ transfer system
- 1-D polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for protein separation
- Accurate molecular weight estimation
- Robust separation for complex samples
Approximate number of gels per kit.
||Mini Gels (~9 x 7 cm)
||Midi Gels (~13 x 9 cm)
Gel handcasting equipment and electrophoresis cells are offered in mini and midi gel formats. See the electrophoresis system selection guide for more details.
Preconfigured Mini-PROTEAN Tetra cells can be ordered with the following features:
4-gel cell with 2 casting stands, 4 casting frames, 10-well combs, 5 short plates, and 5 spacer plates
See the Tetra cell bundle selection guide for bundles. To configure your own electrophoresis cell, order the four-gel Mini-PROTEAN Tetra cell (165-8004) and select a casting module from the Accessories tab.
Criterion and Criterion™ Dodeca™ cells use integral cassettes for gel hand casting. 1.0 mm thick gel casting sets are available in various comb configurations: