The optically clear heat seal provides a secure sealing option for standard and real-time PCR applications. This clear polymer film enables easy inspection of sample wells. The seal is peelable pre- and post-cycling, allowing easy sample retrieval when desired.
Key Features and Benefits
- Ideal for optical assays — high light transmission
- Excellent for qPCR — low levels of autofluorescence
- Fully validated — minimal sample evaporation when used with the PX1™ PCR plate sealer
- Versatile — compatible with a variety of PCR plastic materials, including polypropylene, polyethylene, polystyrene, and some cyclic olefin copolymer materials
- Seal integrity from –80 to 110°C
- Seals are packaged interleafed with dust-free paper for easy handling
- Suggested Heat Sealing Parameters guide is available to help minimize optimization steps
- Certified RNase and DNase free
Bio-Rad's Heat Sealing Films and Foils
Bio-Rad offers several heat sealing films and foils, each of which is optimal for specific PCR applications.
|Optically clear heat seal
||Best suited for thermal cycling and real-time PCR applications when a clear, peelable seal is desired
|Permanent clear heat seal
||Provides the strongest heat sealing option and is ideal for thermal cycling experiments where seals do not need to be removed
|Pierceable foil heat seal
||Ideal for thermal cycling and workflows requiring a pierceable seal, such as Droplet Digital™ PCR applications
|Peelable foil heat seal
||Best for thermal cycling and sample storage
|Find out more about the specific features and specifications for each of the heat sealing films and foils.