The versatile, easy-to-use Mini-PROTEAN® Tetra cell is ideal for vertical mini gel electrophoresis. This electrophoresis cell accommodates one to four Mini-PROTEAN precast or handcast gels, providing flexibility for your research needs. The Mini-PROTEAN Tetra cell eliminates tedious assembly procedures and has a patented sealing mechanism* that prevents assembly errors during handcasting.
Features and Benefits
- Run one to four precast or handcast mini gels in less than an hour
- Can also be used with the Mini Trans-Blot® electrophoresis cell for western blotting
- Thermoplastic casting gaskets form a tight seal with the glass plates to ensure leak-free casting
- Casting frames** with simple cam closure provide precision alignment on any flat surface
- Side-by-side casting stand** allows access to both gels simultaneously, and a spring-loaded lever creates a tight seal against the thermoplastic rubber gasket
- Run 2-D gels in less than a day
Applications and Uses
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE or SDS-PAGE)
- 2-D gel electrophoresis
- Screen new samples
- Evaluate sample preparation conditions
Preset configurations can be ordered with the following catalog numbers: 165-8000 (10-well combs, 0.75 mm spacer plates) or 165-8001 (10-well combs, 1.0 mm spacer plates). See the Tetra Cell Bundle Selection Guide for bundles. To configure your own electrophoresis cell, order the four-gel Mini-PROTEAN Tetra cell (catalog #165-8004) and select a casting module from the Accessories tab. See our Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Handcast Systems page for individual handcasting equipment.
* U.S. patent 6,436,262.
** U.S. patent 6,162,342.