The family of NGC medium-pressure chromatography systems can be personalized with the addition of specific modules pertinent to your application and throughput needs. Different detectors can be added according to the type of detection needed: use the single-wavelength detector for identifying nucleotides and proteins, and the multi-wavelength detector for distinguishing proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, and chromophores. The NGC Scout™ 10 and NGC Quest™ 10 systems include the single-wavelength detector module while the NGC™ Scout 10 Plus, NGC™ Quest 10 Plus and NGC Discover™ systems include the multi-wavelength detector module. Both of these detector modules have an integrated conductivity module for monitoring salt gradients. The NGC pH valve module includes a pH electrode, for accurate inline pH monitoring during the run (pH range 1–14). The pH valve is capable of directing or bypassing the flow of sample to the pH electrode and is controlled via ChromLab™ software. The NGC Scout and NGC™ Discover systems include the pH valve module, which is available as an add-on for all NGC Quest systems.
- Both single- (UV) and multi-wavelength (UV/Vis) detectors can be used with interchangeable flow cells with path lengths of 5 and 10 mm
- Both single- and multi-wavelength detectors have an integrated conductivity module for monitoring salt gradients
- pH valve module features integrated calibration, bypass, and pH detection ports
- Single-wavelength (UV) detector module for detecting absorbance of nucleotides (255 nm) or proteins (280 nm)
- Multi-wavelength (UV/Vis) detector module for monitoring up to four wavelengths simultaneously between 190 and 800 nm and detecting the absorbance of proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, and chromophores
- pH valve module for inline monitoring of buffer pH during separation of sensitive proteins
Additional modules may be added to your NGC chromatography system to suit your application and throughput needs. For example, the sample pump module enables accurate and large volume sample application, the buffer blending valve module enables automatic inline buffer preparation and generation of pH gradients for quick pH scouting, and the column switching valve module attaches multiple columns for your applications or for column scouting.
ChromLab™ software makes it easy to incorporate the added modules into fluidic schemes and methods or to operate and monitor their individual status during automated, complex separations. Additional modules are described on the NGC Chromatography Modules and Accessories page.