The family of NGC Medium-Pressure Chromatography Systems offers a single laboratory chromatography solution that scales to fit your throughput requirements when purifying biomolecules for analytical- and preparative-scale applications. Each system is composed of interchangeable modules that confer different system capabilities.
For an overview of the features and capabilities of the NGC Systems, watch the NGC™ System Tour and download the NGC™ System brochure.
Six preconfigured instruments — the NGC Quest™ 10, NGC™ Quest 10 Plus, NGC Scout™ 10, NGC™ Scout 10 Plus, NGC Discover™ 10, and NGC™ Discover 10 Pro Liquid Chromatography Systems — are designed with increasing automation and throughput to serve a wide range of laboratory needs. For a complete list of modules within each system, view the NGC 10 System comparison chart. Use the module selection guide to help you decide which system is best for you.
If you prefer to customize your NGC System, use our online tool to configure your personalized NGC™ Instrument.
The NGC Quest™ 10 and NGC™ Quest 10 Plus Chromatography Systems are designed for the separation of biomolecules at high resolution with the use of accurate gradients. Both systems offer:
- Automated 10 ml/min pumps that generate accurate gradients for high-resolution separations for any application
- Automated sample injection using fixed or dynamic loops
- Gradient separations at different pH values using the mixer module, for rapid method development
- Compatibility with the C-96 Autosampler, available with or without cooling, for accurate and reproducible sample injections
- Compatibility with the BioFrac™ Fraction Collector for sample collection
- Single-wavelength detection with the NGC Quest 10 System — ideal for high-accuracy protein detection with simultaneous conductivity measurements
- Multi-wavelength detection with the NGC Quest 10 Plus System — detection of up to four wavelengths — ideal for measuring conductivity while simultaneously detecting proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, and chromogenic molecules
The NGC Scout™ 10 and NGC™ Scout 10 Plus Chromatography Systems are designed for medium throughput applications that require rapid scouting of protein purification conditions with automated gradients and buffer preparation.
Both NGC Scout Systems include the capabilities of the corresponding lower throughput systems, the NGC Quest 10 and NGC Quest 10 Plus Instruments, but also comprise:
- A buffer blending valve — creates automated buffer gradients during automated inline buffer preparation, for rapid scouting of purification conditions
- A pH valve — allows monitoring buffer pH and gradient separations at different pH values, for rapid method development
- A single-wavelength detector (NGC Scout 10 System)
- A multi-wavelength detector (NGC Scout 10 Plus System)
The NGC Discover™ 10 and NGC™ Discover 10 Pro Chromatography Systems are designed for higher throughput applications with rapid, robust automation and a need for method development.
Both NGC Discover 10 Systems include the capabilities of the NGC Scout 10 Plus Instruments but also comprise:
- A 100 ml/min integrated sample pump — supports contamination-free automated sample application
- Sample inlet valves — enable automated switching between buffers and columns, accelerating method development, column cleaning, and regeneration
- A 10 ml column switching valve — facilitates automated column/media scouting without the need to replumb
- A sample outlet valve — only with the NGC Discover 10 Pro System — allows the collection of up to 12 large-volume fractions
Features and Benefits of the NGC 10 ml Chromatography Systems
Flexible, customizable chromatography systems to suit both your application and workflow needs:
- The guided fluidics selection tool (patent pending), coupled with the module discovery system, enables a single-click application-based system setup through automated module function recognition
- The Tier Rotate™ Feature allows optimal placement of valves and detectors to minimize the flow path
- Compact footprint — fits in a refrigerator, lab bench, or coldroom
- Point-to-Plumb™ Feature shows the step-by-step plumbing of the system using LEDs
- ChromLab™ Software provides powerful system control, automated methods, and analysis options
Bio-Rad also offers NGC™ Chromatography Systems with integrated 100 ml pumps as well as a variety of compatible columns.
Upgrade your NGC Chromatography System by adding more modular components to match your changing throughput and applications requirements:
If you prefer to customize your NGC System using our online tool, configure your personalized NGC™ Instrument.
See how the NGC™ System benefits University of California researchers by increasing throughput and making it easier for students to become experts at protein purification.