Long shelf life Mini-PROTEAN® TGX™ Precast Gels are an innovative PAGE system designed to provide very fast separation while maintaining high resolution in standard Tris-glycine buffer. Mini-PROTEAN Precast Gels are compatible with Mini-PROTEAN Tetra (1–4 gels) and Mini-PROTEAN® Dodeca™ (1–12 gels) Cells. These gels can also be used in the discontinued Mini-PROTEAN 3 Cell.
Features and Benefits of Mini-PROTEAN TGX Precast Gels
- 12 month shelf life
- Electrophoresis run times in as short as 15 min
- Numbered, marked well outlines on the cassette ease sample loading and identification
- Inexpensive buffer system means low running costs
- Bottom-open cassette design allows easy gel handling and faster blotting setup
- Uses same buffers and band patterns as Laemmli systems
Applications and Uses of Mini-PROTEAN TGX Precast Gels
- 1-D polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for protein separation
- Accurate molecular weight estimation
- Robust system for complex samples
Mini-PROTEAN TGX Precast Gels do not contain SDS. For standard denaturing electrophoresis use sample and running buffers containing SDS. To retain native protein conformation and activity these gels can be run with sample and running buffer that do not contain SDS.
Mini-PROTEAN TGX Gels retain Laemmli-like separation characteristics using standard sample and Tris/glycine running buffers. Protein migration patterns under non-denaturing conditions do not provide accurate molecular weight estimations.
Ready to switch from Life Technologies NuPage or Bio-Rad’s Ready Gel Precast Gels? Use the the Interactive Gel Selector to find equivalent Mini-PROTEAN TGX Precast Gels.
Mini-PROTEAN® TGX™ Precast Gels
Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Cell
Gel opening lever (456-0000), sold separately, is 100% aluminum and recyclable