The PROTEAN Plus Dodeca cell accommodates up to 12 large slab gels, matching the capacity of 1-D runs in the PROTEAN IEF system for high-throughput 2-D applications.* The PROTEAN Plus Dodeca cell's cooling and recirculating features and its plate electrodes allow consistent, high-resolution results. Features include:
- Capacity to run 1–12 gels for maximum throughput and reproducibility
- Ceramic cooling core, buffer recirculation pump**, and refrigerated circulator that provide efficient cooling — temperature of buffer surrounding gels varies by ≤1°C
- Plate electrodes** that create an optimally uniform electrical field to give straight horizontal run results
- Differential plate heights that facilitate easy IPG strip or tube gel loading; the AnyGel stand can be used to stabilize and position gels while loading
* Designed to run IPG and tube gel samples; not recommended for 1-D applications.
** U.S. patent 6,451,193.