EZ Micro polypropylene test tubes feature graduations, a frosted marking area, and a flat top pierceable by a 19 gauge or thicker needle. Standard polypropylene micro test tubes are recommended for solvent extraction and heating, when a very tight cap seal is required. Because of their tighter cap fit, standard tubes may be more difficult to manipulate in applications that require repeated opening and closing of the tubes. Separate polyethylene caps for the 1.5 ml capless tubes have a knurled top for easy handling. The micro test tubes are:
- Suitable for general-purpose benchtop centrifuge use.
- Constructed with sturdy, uniform walls that easily withstand up to 13,000 x g
- Autoclavable to 120°C and freezable to –80°C
- Available in 2 ml,* 1.5 ml, and 500 µl sizes
* To fit centrifuges, 2 ml tubes have thinner walls than standard tubes and are intended for short runs at less than 13,000 x g. Heavy samples, high g forces, long runs, or centrifuges that radiate excess heat may damage these tubes.