CFT ceramic fluoroapatite (Ca10(PO4)6F2) is a rigid, spherical macroporous support used in the purification of biologically active compounds. CFT is a composite of fluoroapatite and hydroxyapatite prepared by chemically converting hydroxyapatite nanocrystals to fluoroapatite with a fluorine reagent.
CFT can be used under stringent chromatography conditions to separate acidic proteins requiring buffered conditions as low as pH 5, with minimal effect on the solubility or lifetime of the support.
CFT has high binding capacity and may be used reproducibly over an extended number of chromatography runs. Its increased tensile strength, chemical durability, and density provide excellent throughput and consistent performance for all separations, including biopharmaceutical process-scale manufacturing.
Features of CFT include:
- Acidic protein separation for applications requiring pH as low as 5.0
- High-density particles for fast, simple column packing
- Sintering at 700°C (Type II) for heavy-duty, durable supports
- Rigid particles for fast cleaning and equilibration
- Inorganic calcium phosphate for distinct selectivities
Regulatory support files are available upon request. Bio-Rad Laboratories is an ISO9001 registered corporation.