BioLogic DuoFlow software is easy and intuitive, making it a powerful program for both novice and experienced chromatographers. The software walks you step by step through simple protocols to create and run a method. Setup of new hardware and methods is easy, and the software offers many post-run options.
Experiments are set up through an easy-to-follow wizard format. The software provides functions such as:
- Scouting wizard — provides simplified setup of scouting experiments. Scouting optimizes purification of a target molecule by changing a variable incrementally with each scouting run
- Method templates — allow easy method creation with predefined chromatography method templates for all commonly used chromatography experiments, including affinity, ion exchange, chromatofocusing, hydrophobic interaction, hydroxyapatite, and size exclusion (gel filtration) chromatography, as well as more advanced experiments
- Buffer blending — enables, in combination with the BioLogic Maximizer valve system, automatic blending of up to 4 stock solutions, allowing pH and salt concentration control within a specified run
BioLogic DuoFlow software provides peak recovery control and data review with the following features:
- Trace Compare function — permits overlay of any number of different chromatograms for comparison of runs made under different conditions, such as pH, flow rate, buffer gradients, etc.
- Fraction identification — provides BioFrac fraction collector numbering schemes that number tubes by collection order or by rack grid number; this is especially useful for microplate collection.
- Threshold collection — allows collection of fractions when a detector signal is above or below a defined threshold; this is especially useful for desalting and chromatofocusing applications
- Tagging of peaks — labels peaks with name, retention time, absorbance units (UV trace), pH, or conductivity
- Selection of an activity trace — permits data collected by an offline method to be included with the BioLogic DuoFlow run data; a histogram of the offline data can overlay the chromatogram peaks